Saturday, May 2, 2015

DiY: Honey Sugar Face Mask!


On my off days i tend to clean up house, but today after I didi that I decided to have my own little spa day. Usually i'll do a hair mask BUT, today I did a face mask and a moisturizing oil bath! Its good to take some time for yourself to relax and let some stresses go. So since I've been having some breakouts lately I decided to do a Honey Mask. Some people so the simple honey wash mask, but i like to add a few things to mine! Sugar or brown sugar is added as a light scrub, Milk or almond milk is always good for your skin so i add a bit of that too! And of course, I add vitamin E oil which is great for your skin! Please be sure you wash your face of make up, i use a lavender/wichhazel/aloe remover and toner that can be purchased at whole foods.


3 tsp raw honey
1/2 tsp sugar ( or brown sugar!)
1 tsp milk (or almond milk)
and 3-6 drops of vitamin E oil

Mix it all up! And be sure to tie your hair back!

Use your fingers to gently massage the honey mask onto your face, and go ahead and let it sit for at least 10 minutes! If your doing a whole home spa day, try drawing a hot bath and add some drops of vitamin E oil or coconut oil for a moisturizer make over for your whole body!

After patting my face dry, I add a drop of Vitamin E oil and massage it onto my face for an extra kick!

BENEFITS OF WASHING WITH HONEY!

  • Honey gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. Foaming cleansers and soaps frequently strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil.
  • The natural antibacterial and probiotic properties of raw honey effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne.
  • Since it is so gentle and nurturing to the skin, it is ideal for very sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema.
  • It works well on all skin types. It balances oily skin and moisturizes dry skin.
  • As far as excellent facial cleansers go, it is much cheaper than store bought options!

No comments:

Post a Comment