Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Some words can start fires

Ive been getting back into writing short stories and even some poetry lately, so i thought id share this. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from books, writers/authors. Words from others are always inspiring, so here are some that that have always given me a spark of inspiration. Read on.


“It’ll show you how I’ve gotten to feel about – things. Well, she was less than an hour old and Tom was God knows where. I woke up out of the ether with an utterly abandoned feeling, and asked the nurse right away if it was a boy or a girl. She told me it was a girl, and so I turned my head away and wept. ‘All right,’ I said, ‘I’m glad it’s a girl. And I hope she’ll be a fool — that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.’” -The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I’ve heard writers talk about ‘discovering a voice’, but for me that wasn’t a problem. There were so many voices that I didn’t know where to start." -Sam Shepard

"Eternity bores me. I never wanted it." -Sylvia Plath, Ariel

"I often carry things with me so I will not have to look at the people" -Charles Bukowski

"I loves her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be" -Great Expectations, Charles Dickens

"we accept the love we think we deserve" -The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity" -E.A. Poe

"the slime of all my yesterdays rots in the hollow of my skull" -Sylvia Plath, Ariel

"I think without writing I would feel completely useless." -Sam Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment