Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Saver

I consider myself a frugal kind of person. I keep an eye out for 2 for 1 sells, I sign up for printable coupons and discount codes, And I can even make 20$ last me two weeks. I've been raised this way, not that it's a bad thing at all, I think it's a fantastic quality. I love being able to save money, sometimes I have to but I feel sort of achieved afterwards. Like I've just ran a marathon and even though I was not first, I was in the top ten. But when o do come across things I want, don't need, it's always a hard decision and can take me days at a time to choose. To buy, or not to buy, that is the question. Usually, I put the item out of mind and refuse to let myself throw the money away, because I know I'll feel horrible after the purchase for wasting money. But I've come to the conclusion that I want an ipad2. At first I thought, why would I waste at minimum 500$ on this, but then I thought about how much easier it would be to do all my online work. Which I have quite a bit of nowadays. Three sites, advertising sites, keeping an eye on Adsense, payouts, paypal, keeping up with posts and sometimes research, tons and tons. And I relish in the thought of not having to lug around a big heavy shoulder breaking laptop. It was only after those thoughts that I felt the ipad2 would be a nice investment. So I've decided to save for it. Most likely a 16G, though I'd like a 32G so I don't worry about memory or space. I gave this a lot of thought because 500$ is quite a chunk of cash, though I already have the software, know how to use it and can get a student discount helps. I think I'm pretty set on the saving and purchase, but the saver in me is screaming " get a kindle fire, it's cheaper". I compared the two and I think Apple is the better choice. bigger screen too.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment